What does it mean to self love?
Self love means having a high regard for your own well-being and happiness. Self love means taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others.
Self love can mean something different for each person because we all have many different different ways to take care of ourselves.
13 steps to achieving self love:
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Don't worry about others' opinions
- Allow yourself to make mistakes
- Remember your value doesn't lie in how your body looks
- Don't be afraid to let go of toxic people
- Process your fears
- Trust yourself to make good decisions for yourself
- Take every opportunity life presents or create your own
- Put yourself first
- Feel pain and joy as fully as you can
- Exercise boldness in public
- See beauty in the simple things
- Be kind to yourself
How to love yourself:
- Be self aware
- Create something
- Take some time
- Exercise and eat healthy
- Keep your eyes up
- Serve others
- Affirm yourself. A common symptom of low self-worth is constantly seeking affirmation and validation from others.